Friday, May 22, 2020

Sending a child to preschool?

Adrian Paraz: I live in a small town and there is a head start/preschool and my son will be attending it in August. the head start here starts when they are 3 years old and it only lasts for 4-5 hours a day. i also am a stay at home mom and he will still be going. it will prepare him for kidergarden and get him used to being around other kids. this preschool is not like a day care.

Carter Dewater: Preschools are often like day cares but it really depends on how old the child is when you send her and what school you go with. Some places call themselves preschools and basically only offer some structured colouring time and a game or two. I would think about checking out some of the kids classes offered through your library or community center and find something that allows her to move and be active in a skill while she meets other children. Like a craft class or tumbling, ballet, etc. Or, look into places like Headstart or maybe a Montessori school that actually use s! ome sort of lesson plan to introduce kids to skills like using scissors, glue and holding a pencil as well as problem-solving, life skills, numbers and letters....Show more

Oscar Wieland: we sent my son just before he turned 2 yrs old...his brother had just been born and I wasn't getting out as muchhe is only 26 months now and goes 3 half days from 8-12, t, w,th to "school" [daycare]he already had socialization because of my sahm-friends but I felt he needed time with children without mommy over his shoulder telling him to share, be nice, etcthe daycare is starting to potty train him, they give him lunch, do arts, read stories....stuff I do but he's more intrested when with other kidsdaycare for an under 3 year old is good...as thy do still learn and interact with other kidspreschool for 3 yrs old is goodand then pre-kindergarden [vpk] when the kid is 4 will get them read for schoolI think the experiences you are looking for will be met in a daycare setting...a good d! aycare....I personally think the social interaction is the mos! t important at around 2 yrs old because they are learning that there really are other people, who have wants nd needs..and they are also in that "selfish" stage and need to learn to share and be exposed to sharing...Show more

Joey Mekeel: I went to pre school when I was 3 and 4 and I'm going to send my son too. I remember it, and we learned numbers, shapes, letters, etc. I think it will be great for him to socialize with others and get a feel for what real school might be like and aleviate some anxiety. You'll only be missing him for a couple of hours, so I say go for it. All through school I was talented and seemed to excel in academics.....I think a lot of it had to do with learning so early. Also my mom was a stay at home mom too and read to me all the time (I started reading when I was 3) and spent a lot of time teaching me whatever she could.EDIT: My younger brother did NOT go to preschool and he had problems with anxiety when he started kindergarten, he ju! st did not want my mom to leave him ANYWHERE! with anyone!...She told me she wishes she would have started him in Pre school like me, same with my little sister.......Show more

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive