Tuesday, August 25, 2020

How do I deal with physical pain?  

How do I deal with physical pain?  

answers 0:With things such as waxing, broken bones, dental operations etcAre there any methods or things that I can do to ease the pain?answers 1:I had a great deal of pain before my brain surgery. What worked best for me (other than pain medication) was doing something that took your attention. Dwelling on the pain only made it seem worse, so anything to distract the mind helped... I put together puzzles, went back through my highschool math texts, watched movies, etc. Anything to keep my mind somewhere other than my head trying to split apart...answers 2:In all three situations, you need to breath. It's very simple yet most people forget that it's crucial otherwise it makes everything worse! With waxing, you need to take a deep breath in right before they pull, then breath a long breath out when they yank it off. I also took an ibuprofen ! about a half hr before the appt to help. As far as pain from a broken bone, that's just it, it's a broken bone, there isn't much you can really do for that one. If you just broke it and you are waiting for an ambulance or in the car to the doctor, keep yourself still and try to keep people away from you (so they don't accidentally kick your broken leg or something-people get frantic when stuff like that happens and either wanna get close to take pictures or get too close because they wanna help). Doctors should be able to provide you with medication that is stronger than over the counter meds. As far as for the dental operations, depending on what you are getting done you should have some options. If it's a small procedure, like getting your braces put on (then you are just going to be in pain, I know I was because of the pressure), you can take ibuprofen or tylenol before hand to kick start your help. If you are having oral surgery like an implant put in, the oral surgeon ! will have meds on hand to give you in office (like a local ane! sthetic, gas or liquid to knock you out-this is the good stuff, i used it when I had my implant put in but it didn't really work until after the fact, this could have been because of my nerves). Sometimes you also have to evaluate what you yourself are thinking in your head. There is a possibility that you are making the pain worse than what it really is, because you believe you are in pain or will soon be in pain? Hope everything helps!...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive