Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Internet laws?

Florencio Dingle: Yes. Many jurisdictions have included the internet into their harassment and threats statutes.

Troy Monsivais: YES MOST DEFINITELY YOU CAN GET INTO BIG TROUBLE

Alberto Kozub: I believe that the internet has slowly changed the assault statutes in the states and with this in mind:1. Each state has their own statute on this issue but in general:2. A threat has to be imminent and immediate for it to be considered assault. I can't assault you with a threat and then walk outside to go get a stick to hit you. It wasn't immediate or imminent. There is usually no cause of action for me saying that "next time I see you I'm gonna kick your butt" or so on for the same reason. But, like I mentioned the internet has changed alot of this. So the ultimate answer is the same as in most law cases: maybe and perhaps and depending on the circumstances....Show more

Sammie Bocanegra: yes, quite possible.

Isreal Kochheiser: Yeah they call it harassment! .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive